At Nu Era Spirits we believe that drinking responsibly is important if you want to achieve a healthy lifestyle. There’s nothing wrong with enjoying a few, well-deserved drinks from time to time.
It’s easy to enjoy a drink or two and still be safe. Try following these tips when you’re next drinking:
- Have some food! Have something to eat before you start drinking – food in the stomach allows alcohol to be absorbed more slowly.
- Slow and Steady! Try not to rush your drink, just enjoy it! And space your alcoholic drinks out with a soft drink or water in between.
- Don’t give in to peer pressure! Be careful if you’re drinking in ‘rounds’ as you might end up drinking more and faster. Try pairing off to buy drinks instead. And avoid top-ups to make it easier for you to keep track of how much you’re drinking – it’s not rude to say no!
- Watch out for that triple measure! When you’re at home, be careful not to pour much larger measures than you would get in a bar. Buy a drinks measure to check how much you’re drinking.
- Safety in numbers. Don’t go to parties alone and travel home with friends too.
- Take a break amigo! If you’ve had a big night out, avoid alcohol for a couple of days.
- Keep track! The UK Government guidelines advise it’s safest not to drink more than 14 units per week and it’s best to spread that over three days or more.
All health content on nueraspirits is provided for general information only, and should not be treated as a substitute for the medical advice of your own doctor or any other healthcare professional. If you have any concerns about your general health, you should contact your local healthcare provider.